Saturday, January 30, 2010

For the period of new technology, the iPad.




So Apple has been on top of their game lately, reporting their First Quarter Results and showing that they are in fact a force to be reckoned with. The report states facts such as;

They sold 3.36 million Macintosh computers during the quarter, representing a 33 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter.

They sold 8.7 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 100 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter.

They sold 21 million iPods during the quarter, representing an eight percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter.

Their profits were the best yet so far, and they're planning for another increase this quarter, with their soon to be released iPad. It's basically a giant iPod Touch, with all the included features. It's got a 9.7 inch LCD screen, and weighs about 1.5 pounds. Apple says that "it's easy to carry around anywhere"

..My question is who would want to carry this around anywhere...and what could you possibly have to use it for? But that's just my opinion.

The iPad is already the hot news of the tech circuit, with quotes along the lines of "The last time anyone has been this excited about it tablet, it had commandments on it" which is quite clever, but still, I just don't understand the whole concept of it.

With prices starting at $499, to me, it's basically a Macbook, without the keyboard, which would be the other $500.

I know that I don't want one, probably until someone I know gets one, then I'll obviously be pushing for one, even though I don't even really see the appeal, or the use.


No comments:

Post a Comment