Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Formspring


It seems like everyday there's a new viral video on the web, or a new song everyone is downloading, and basically just a new trend for everyone to follow. This past month's trend has definitely been a site called Formspring.me The site allows you to post anonymous or non-anonymous questions, which give a lot of people courage or "balls" to post and write whatever they want about a person. The site has had it's positives and negatives for me, I've really only had 1 or 2 negative questions (out of my 260 asked), and 1 or 2 things that I couldn't post due to the fact they'd invade on other people, and I wouldn't do that to someone. Seen here, Formspring has been called Online Truth or Dare and the Sociopathic Crack Cocaine of over-sharing. For me, the sites a great way of interacting and in my case complimenting or finding out things you wouldn't know anyway else.


Many people don't share my opinion however, because a lot of people have been getting dirty, rude, cruel or just all around mean comments and questions posted on their walls. But the thing is, you can just NOT POST things by DELETING them. That's what I did when names were involved. I love the site, but I know it's just a trend that'll die off soon, obviously because I'm deleting mine, and the world follows what I do

1 comment:

  1. i hate formspring and everyone who uses it. that includes you ashley :D

    ReplyDelete