Thursday, October 8, 2009

Miley Cyrus

Now, my dad isn't some super cool hillbilly post one-hit single rock star or anything special like that, but atleast he's got a daughter with talent. He's got a 16 year old girl, (that's me), with morals and a sense of atleast knowing how old i am. Billy Ray Cyrus on the other hand, does not have a daughter like this. Basically, i can't stand Miley Cyrus.

Miley has no amazing talent, no outstanding voice, and no songs that hit home like other artists of her generation. For example, her most "touching" and "ground-breaking emotional hit", argumentably by some people would be "The Climb", from her oscar worthy film, Hannah Montana. This is the most range she's ever acheived in a song, and it comes no where close to those she sang along with on MTV's Diva's, artists such as Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, Kelly Clarkson and Jordin Sparks. It's rediculous that just because she's young and can sing "good", that she be placed on an even stage with those I mentioned earlier.

In case I haven't made my point clear about her age, Miley's 16. I'm 16. I don't pole dance on public television for my fans during award shows, and when I do it for those little girls who look up to me, I atleast have the decency to not let the entire world see.

Cyrus is not a role model.
She's not someone who can easily transition from her Hannah Montana character to full time party girl with underwear modeling boyfriends and get away with it.
She's not an artist, and until she comes out with a song that actually is worth listening to, not due to the fact it's catchy, but due to meaningful lyrics that apply to her own actual situation, I refuse to acknowledge her as one.

Oh yeah, and touch your hair/face one more time in a music video MC. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment