Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tweets and Feeds

I'm a Facebook creeper.

I am, the invention and unveiling of the "stalker feed" made my summer that more entertaining and I don't care who knows it, why? Because I know we all hated it at first and then we all stalked the crap out of eachother on a daily basis. It can't be denied, by anyone. To me, this is fine, friends "liking" friends' wall posts and status', being able to comment and say anything ones heart desires, is the definition of social networking. If someone is having a Facebook fight, i probably could put bits and pieces together and know the whole story, this to me is empowering and I feel like a champ knowing what's going down at my school. If someone doesn't have the math homework, you're able to see it even if they didn't direct the question to you, and probably help them out. This is why Facebook creeping is good, and Twitter (as i explain below) creeping is pointless.

I'm against Twitter as a "social networking" site.

I hate Twitter, I hate when the "common person" tweets. I tried it for a good 6 minutes and then deleted my account, why? because, you can't "socially network" if you're basically just telling people what you're doing. Most of the time, tweets by students and people my age are pointless, and no one really cares. Celebrities using Twitter? That's different, that's a way to reach the fans and keep them updated. Band's and well known Persona's? That's fine with me too, because obviously by the amount of followers these people/groups have, they matter enough to "tweet". Now, for this to be considered social networking? Nah, i don't see it that way at all, because in all honesty if some random person tweeted "just ate a sandwich" or "just got off the phone with mom" I wouldn't bother creeping that on Facebook, so why bother putting it out there for the world to see?

In my opinion, you tweet for one of two reasons.
1. You can, because you're a celebrity and people care enough to creep you, OR (you're common and...)
2. No one writes on your Facebook, and it would look bad if you updated your status every four seconds, and that was your entire page.

No comments:

Post a Comment